Visiting London this Sunday, question about skate storage

London gossip and skating chat

Moderator: Traffic warden

fifthwheel
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Visiting London this Sunday, question about skate storage

Postby fifthwheel » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi all, I was on the forums back in the londonskater days (I remember when Naomi was just starting to get into slalom!) but have been away for a while. So I'm finally visiting London for the first time this Sunday (10th) and would like to do the Sunday Skate. I'll be coming in from Belgium on Eurostar and plan to do a bit of sightseeing as well; however I want to travel lightly since I'll be on foot the whole day. Is there a place to store my skates before and after the Sunday Skate--a locker in the train station perhaps)? Thanks!

mit
New school
New school

Re: Visiting London this Sunday, question about skate storag

Postby mit » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:27 pm

There are lockers in the basement of Harrods. Not sure what the fee is though. I think it's free if you have a store card with them...

fifthwheel
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby fifthwheel » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:50 am

Would anyone living in that area be willing to hold onto my skates that day? I'd rather pay you than Harrod's ;) I would likely drop them off around 1030 and pick them up for the Stroll at 1400. After that I might need to drop them off again until my train at 1700.

fifthwheel
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby fifthwheel » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Well I've decided to don the skates straight out of St. Pancras Station and tour the city on wheels instead. I'll switch to shoes when I visit the museums, etc. If any of you see a guy with a red backpack, dark grey Salomon FSKs with red frames and yellow wheels, please do not hesitate to introduce yourself. I will probably have questions about the nearest restroom :)

jeanir
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby jeanir » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:49 am

I Hope you had a good time in London and met up with somebody. I'm afraid this forum is very very quiet at the moment.

fifthwheel
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby fifthwheel » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:33 pm

Thanks for asking--yes I did meet up with the group successfully! It took me longer than expected to get to Hyde Park from the St. Pancras station, not knowing the fastest way (I got slowed down on that street with the pedestrian horde for a good bit). And of course I had the obligatory close calls with cars since I'm not accustomed to them driving on the other side (I'm from the States).

The Stroll itself turned out to be a pretty tough workout (I probably should not have brought so much camera equipment with me), but I thought it was a good intro to the streets of London. Unfortunately I had to bail out early to catch the train back to Belgium, but I plan to come back and do the other skates someday soon. Special thanks to Rear Marshall Ben who helped keep an eye out for me at the back (go Cardinals!).

Return to “London Scene”