Introduce yourself - old

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

BrenBaz
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby BrenBaz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:29 am

Welcome Alexandre.

Whats the skate scene like down in Montpellier. I occasionally have to go to your region of France for work. I think there is a weekly street skate in Montpellier, and possibly Nimes, but never had the chance to join in.

GriffinHeart
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby GriffinHeart » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:04 am

Hey all,

I'm Hugo from Portugal and i'm starting on freestyle slalom, i've been lurking for a while and just want to thank everyone because theres lots of great posts that really helped. I think inline skating in general is something that doesn't really exist in Portugal so i'll be pretty much on my own, hope someday to be able to meet more people inline related.

online-skating
Lurker

Postby online-skating » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:44 am

Thank you BrenBaz,

We have some reknown skaters such as Caroline Lejeune (Clochette) and Guillaume Barbaz (Skali) if you want to improve your slalom skills !
I practice slalom sometimes but i prefer speed-skating.
I have not enough time to skate and to manage my websites !

Do not hesitate to contact me if you come in Montpellier.

Regards

-------------------------------------
Alexandre
http://www.online-skating.com
http://www.rollerenligne.com

AmyS
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby AmyS » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:20 am

Hello

I'm Amy. New to London (as of last September) and new to skating/blading/skidding along on my backside. This feels a little like my first day at school. :oops:

I'm a postgrad student (24) living and studying in central London and well, have chosen the coldest month in the year to start learning. You may find me practicing in a shadowy corner of Hyde Park trying not to look too much like I haven't got a clue. If anyone else is starting out it would be really nice to meet up with you at some point to halve the embarrassment factor.

Has anyone heard of the Skate Patrol? I read something about free advice sessions on Sundays. I'm a bit skint at the mo, like the everyone else, so I plan on having a little play to start with until I invest too heavily in lessons so if anyone with a little more experience fancies showing me a couple of slick moves such a stopping or moving in a straight line, get in touch. Payment would be in kind... that is I make good cakes, cookies, and other dishes consisting of a high guilt content. :evil:

Look no Skywater
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby Look no Skywater » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:52 am

I have split the off topic stuff to this thread feel free to help out with the advice there and thinks for giving it and being welcoming to our new members.

Ant2knee
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Ant2knee » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:11 pm

Hey I'm Anthony and I've been on the forum since last August when I began skating (wow, 6 months already?!)
I've posted a few times on the forum, and a regular lurker, and have already been to the Sunday Skate a couple of times, as well as the legendary Vic ! (b) (b) Great forum, this, nice to see what's going on in London.
Street skating's cool, and now trying to master slaloming, shredding several jeans in the process.

Oh and I regularly get beeped a lot by car horns and shouted "do us a 360 / ollie / <insert aggressive skating trick name here>"
where I live in South Oxfordshire cos nobody street skates / slaloms here at all!!

Hence it's great to go on Sunday Strolls with you guys :lol: :lol:

nph88
Lurker

Postby nph88 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:18 pm

Hi guys....lol i'm PH Ping Hwee from Singapore....yeah...just happen to got this forum link and here i am, registered as a member lol...yeah..hope to know more skaters...most importantly, not only knowing you guys, but able to meet you people too...

cheers..

Greenwich Skater
Power slider
Power slider

Postby Greenwich Skater » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Bruce. I have only been skating for a year and a half but the first 4 months were very intensive as i was out of work so i was skating every single day (when it wasnt raining). I am from South Africa, but have been living in London for nearly 2.5 years and really love it here!

My girlfriend and I decided to start skating when we saw some ppl skating around Millwall Park which is on the Isle of Dogs. Since then we have moved over to skating mainly in Greenwich which is really awesome. I have started a website about skating in Greenwich as I couldnt find any really good info on skating there when we first started: http://www.skate-greenwich.co.uk.

I am very keen to come check out the Hyde Park skating scene which i hear is cool. my entire house (my gf and 2 other housemates) all skate and we are keen to do the Sunday Stroll and the LFNS at some point so i hope so meet up with some of you there.

If any of you skate in greenwich park - i am the tall skinny guy with a cap on and cheap-ass Decathalon skates on (hopefully not for long on the skates side) thats there nearly every weekend!!

malena
Lurker

Introduce Yourself

Postby malena » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:50 pm

hi im Malena from argentina, i want to meet someone to skate with...il be there only 4 days from 20 to 24 of july 2009.
thanks.male

murrance0
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby murrance0 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:33 am

Im Murray crap skater not a bad boxer though if someone wants to teach me to skate ill teach to fight lol only joking

lolainlondon
New school
New school

Postby lolainlondon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:03 am

malena wrote:hi im Malena from argentina, i want to meet someone to skate with...il be there only 4 days from 20 to 24 of july 2009.
thanks.male

You'll be where for four days? London?

GumbieBEN
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby GumbieBEN » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:33 pm

malena wrote:hi im Malena from argentina, i want to meet someone to skate with...il be there only 4 days from 20 to 24 of july 2009.
thanks.male

If it is london then your best bet for a good skate within those dates is the LondonSkate on Wednesday.

http://www.londonskate.com

Greenwich Skater
Power slider
Power slider

Postby Greenwich Skater » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:01 pm

And i should probably mention that i have an addictive personality and very little to do at work at the moment hence the number/frequency of posts!!! ;)

blondie
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby blondie » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi everyone

I'm Alison and I've been skating for a few months now. I've also been visiting SR.com for a while so thought I should make it official and also thank you all for the useful skating tips I've picked up. There's a mine of erm other information too!

I used to come to Hyde Park every weekend but for various reasons I decided to start skating locally to me (Burgess Park - I'm not that worried by hoodies). I want to start coming to Hyde Park again to build up my skills, meet some skaters and get the confidence to start going on the street skates.

Anyway, howdy and Happy Monday!

Ali

GuinnessGirl
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby GuinnessGirl » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:06 pm

Hello Alison *waves* come and try a Sunday Stroll when you feel confident enough, if you can stop and turn and cope with kerbs you're probably already there anyway :)

Valiant
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Valiant » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:58 pm

Hello all,

I'm Sam from over in the East End (Limehouse/Mile End) I've met quite a few of you in the past but that was mostly to do with Sound systems. Anyways, I've finally joined the dark side and got myself a pair of skates. Been skating for about 2 hours and so far almost dislocated my shoulder so off to a good start lol. Hopefully I'll pick things up quick, I was expecting a lot of transferable knowledge from ice skating as I can do that well but so far tis not worked for me. Ahwell, we live and we learn.

Been a member of SR for about 2 years but only recently decided to take up skating having been spurred on by muppet to join her in a rollerdisco this coming Saturday. Oh god it's gonna be messy lol.

Sam

Yoyo
New school
New school

Postby Yoyo » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:34 pm

blondie wrote:I decided to start skating locally to me (Burgess Park - I'm not that worried by hoodies).

Ali

Hi there! Burgess Park's my local park too! I used to pratice there on Saturday mornings a couple years ago, no problems with hoodies (probably too early for them, lol).

@ Valiant - welcome to 8 wheels!

Skate girl
Power slider
Power slider

Postby Skate girl » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:03 am

Hey There!!!

Im Fiona, and Ive been away for a while cos I forgot my password innit! :( :cry:
But Im back now :lol: :lol:
Ive been skating for 2 years on and off and for about 1 year continuously...(I didnt skate all winter but did the tail end of last season).
This is my first complete skating season with respect to the Wednesday night skates and I finally did a couple of Sundays 8) :lol:
I love it love it love it! Also had the opportunity to meet loads of people specially down the boozer afterwrds.... (b) (b) (b)
Nice to meet you all!!!! :mrgreen:

control
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby control » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:38 am

'lo there. Todd, from san diego CA in the US. Seems to be a fair amount of inline skating here, though not a ton of slalom. Was lucky enough to have Naomi in town in June, got a few hours of instruction from her which have proven priceless. (thanks again dude, srsly...)

currently on twister 243s, and burning out wheels while learning on semi rough asphalt. Been reading SR for a couple of months, and am slowly but surely moving through the past 83 pages of posts in the tips forum ;).

Any other Socal/San Diego skaters around, do drop me a note and let me know where the good spots are ...

--c

Alice Norway
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby Alice Norway » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:31 am

Hei all:)

i`m alice, live in Haugesund , Norway atm where i`m a student. Just found out about freestyle slalom on you tube, like 3 weeks ago. Bought some seba`s and have now been skating the past two week:D. Really interested in finding someone else who do slalom in Norway, so if thats any of you, pliz contact me:P.Slalom don┬┤t seem to be popular here, mostly becuase I think so few has heard of it:(.

Return to “Welcome”