Introduce yourself - old

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

don_omar
Gumbie
Gumbie

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby don_omar » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:59 pm

Hey im Omar,
usually in Hyde Park or Trafalgar Sq doin slalom, started slalom bout 6 weeks ago.. i also go on the occasional LFNS nd sunday stroll

Copper
Lurker

Postby Copper » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:33 pm

Hi, I'm Copper. From the US, big on hockey, just starting to enter the world of freestyle and slalom

Wild Phil
New school
New school

Postby Wild Phil » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:28 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Phil. Loved skating all my life. Used to live in the countryside.....not much skating there. Been doing the london skate almost since it started (I was young then!) but could only manage to get down once or twice a year. Im not brilliant at it but good enough to get along without falling over too much hehe.

Ive finally graduated and got all that behind me and got a job in london and moved down as close as i can afford so now I can skate loads! I cant wait to get some lessons and for this years season to get into full swing and get to know all you people!! :)

I'm really shy at introducing myself so if anyone sees me out skating come talk to me! I love making friends :oops:

see you out there.

Phil.
Last edited by Wild Phil on Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuinnessGirl
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby GuinnessGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:00 pm

Phil Wildman wrote:
I'm really shy at introducing myself so if anyone sees me out skating come talk to me! I love making friends :oops:

Don't be shy Phil, and we aren't that cool LOL (well I'm not)

Glad you are looking forwards to some london skating!

skat
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby skat » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:26 pm

Hi, I just found these forums ... I just started skating (on inlines) a couple of months ago, so still kinda "teething" - getting pretty used to rolling rather than walking, having lots of fun (my daughter's started skating too). both of us have some basic general purpose skates, nothing fancy but then we're not exactly at the doing fancy things stage (yet!)

we're in Sheffield, UK, and so far haven't seen many other skaters around - the little skate park near us is predominantly populated by skateboarders/BMXers, but fortunately the park itself provides about a mile stretch of skateable path.

the big skates like the london skate stuff looks loads of fun, but more confidence needed first I think!

Acidedge
Old school
Old school
Location: Nottingham. That's "north" for you southern chimps.

Postby Acidedge » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:40 am

skat wrote:Hi, I just found these forums ... I just started skating (on inlines) a couple of months ago, so still kinda "teething" - getting pretty used to rolling rather than walking, having lots of fun (my daughter's started skating too). both of us have some basic general purpose skates, nothing fancy but then we're not exactly at the doing fancy things stage (yet!)

we're in Sheffield, UK, and so far haven't seen many other skaters around - the little skate park near us is predominantly populated by skateboarders/BMXers, but fortunately the park itself provides about a mile stretch of skateable path.

the big skates like the london skate stuff looks loads of fun, but more confidence needed first I think!

Hello Mr Skatman, welcome to SR.com.

I run free lessons for beginnners in Nottingham, if you're interested and fancy a day trip down. Email nottinghamskaters[at]hotmail.co.uk for more info.

skat
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby skat » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:19 pm

Thanks, Acidedge, I'd appreciate any hints and tips - Notts isn't far for a day trip down :)
(just a little point though, it's Miss, not Mr...)
I'll drop you an email to see which days/dates are best.

Skat

terence_sg
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby terence_sg » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:42 am

Hi i am terence, and i am a slalom skater in singapore, find this forum rather interesting so decided to join in.

dougp
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby dougp » Sat May 03, 2008 3:31 am

I've had an account here some time, but never introduced myself... I'm Doug, and I live just outside Seattle. I started skating 4 1/2 years ago, and started slalom about 3 years ago. I'm one of Naomi's US students - I hosted her first US workshop, and it sounds like she hasn't been home much since then!

Next week I'm leaving on holiday to Paris and London. I'll be in Paris on May 7th, and I'll be skating in the PSWC. I'm going to take the train to London on Wednesday May 14th, and stay until Sunday the 18th.

I met Acid, Phil and CJ in New York last September, and I've met a few others by email. I'm looking forward to meeting more of you in a couple of weeks - so if you see someone unfamiliar out in the park kicking cones, it might be me.

Doug

tomvv
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby tomvv » Sat May 24, 2008 8:05 am

Hi, this is Tom from outside Seattle. Dougp has taught me a thing or two about slalom, which I've been dabbling in for a year and a half. I've been skating for about 12 years now, starting for fun and fitness and continuing for that feeling like being in a flying dream. I've had slalom workshops with Stacy and twice with Naomi, but don't practice often enough to go beyond noob except for brief flashes of getting it.
I love the social aspect of skating and if I make it to the UK for any reason, we will meet up for skating , curry and a pint.

Barthezz
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby Barthezz » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:38 am

Hi, My name is Amr, I am from Dubai, I hate the sun, havent been on wheels for almsot 4 years (since i killed my last Ultra Wheels), currently looking a pair of Seba FR1s for me and my gf 2 start street sk8ing and start doing some slalom practice.

Look no Skywater
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby Look no Skywater » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:28 pm

Yeah. The Sun is a really bad paper....I'll get my coat.

Dude you are in the wrong place if you hate the sun. You should come over here as we don't know what the sun is.

JohnS
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby JohnS » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:49 am

hi, guess i should do this whole introduce myself thing. My names John and im one of Naomi's students from Australia.

ill be doing a tour in August/September this year to make it cheaper to do a few of the comps, which will include a bit of a stop in london so hope to meet a few of the london crew while im over there.

Naomi
Admin
Admin

Postby Naomi » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:52 am

JohnS wrote:hi, guess i should do this whole introduce myself thing. My names John and im one of Naomi's students from Australia.

ill be doing a tour in August/September this year to make it cheaper to do a few of the comps, which will include a bit of a stop in london so hope to meet a few of the london crew while im over there.

Hi John! this should identify you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTyoDcEyLJk

John is my jam-slalom partner for Korea in a couple of months.

lil'Becca
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby lil'Becca » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:57 pm

Hey John awesome video. Very smooth :lol:
I suppose i should really introduce myself too so here goes:

Hey i'm Becca. i'm one of the ESA marshals that obviously skates in eastbourne.
I'm the short girl with brown hair, if you see me in eastbourne, introduce yourself (I'm normally near a line of cones :P )
I've skated pretty much all my life but only really properly for the past 5 years. I've really got into my slalom in the past year and am getting quite good. Some of you may have seen me on blue peter strutting my stuff 8)
Anyway that's me
Hope to see you all around, especially at this years Eastbourne Extreme

RossB
Power slider
Power slider

Postby RossB » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi all,

I'm Ross and I have a first aid kit, this fact very quickly took me to the very back of the London skate with a special orange t-shirt and an even more special hi viz!! I can be found there most Wendesdays and sometimes on Fridays and Sundays too.

I've been skating on inlines since '94 and quads before that, all the way back to strap on skates before I was allowed 'rollerboots'!

I did ICP 1 (now inactive) in '97 but didn't discover the London skate scene until the end of last year. :(

When not skating I run my own First Aid and Lifeguard training company and volunteer as crew on the Gravesend Lifeboat.

Always happy to meet new people come and say 'Hi' to me at the back of the skate, but I prefer not to meet people as I scrape them off the road so wear those pads people ;)

GuinnessGirl
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby GuinnessGirl » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:18 pm

*waves*

hello Ross, he of the shiny new (and very impressive) green first aid high vis with many pockets. Can I just say a big thanks for becoming our much needed first aider.

I didn't realise you used to be a quaddie-you should get back on them, I keep meaning to get some again and sparky misses his so much!

RossB
Power slider
Power slider

Postby RossB » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:04 pm

GuinnessGirl wrote:*waves*

I didn't realise you used to be a quaddie-you should get back on them, I keep meaning to get some again and sparky misses his so much!

Ahhhh, my misspent youth. The Goldie Lookin Chain track 'rollerdisco' brings it all back to me. :lol:

The main problem I have is the transition between the two styles. On getting inlines I spent about a month face-planting as I tried to use my non-existent toe stop!

However what you suggest is tempting. Does anywhere hire quads near the park. I might attempt a Sunday..... Then again I've seen people having a hard time of quads with ickle wheels. I'm on 82mm at the mo and it's soooo nice. ;)

latviangirl
New school
New school

Postby latviangirl » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:28 pm

Club Blue Room at Marble Arch hires quads

RossB
Power slider
Power slider

Postby RossB » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:00 am

latviangirl wrote:Club Blue Room at Marble Arch hires quads

Thanks Latviangirl.

Hmmmm as my wife replied to my proposal of marriage... 'Maybe I might!' :)

Return to “Welcome”