Hi from Middlesex

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

2q2bsk8r
Lurker

Hi from Middlesex

Postby 2q2bsk8r » Sat May 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi guys,
I was recently ill and gained a lot of weight. I used to skate about 10 years ago, so decided to get back on my inlines to get back into shape. I'm hoping to build up my confidence before eventually taking part in the "London Friday Night Skate" and "Sunday Stroll". None of my friends like skating or even want to try, despite my efforts, so I'm also hoping to meet new people that I can enjoy the sport with. Plus I don't know many places where I can practice skating safely.
The main reason for joining Serpentine Road, though, is to chat with like minded people about Skating.
I hope to chat to some of you in future.
Catchya Later

2q2bsk8r

Torbaydos
Beach bum
Beach bum

Re: Hi from Middlesex

Postby Torbaydos » Mon May 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Hello, welcome to the forum.

On the basis that middlesex probably doesn't exist I'm not sure where you are, but I live in Ealing, which was also middlesex. There are a few places near me to skate but I mainly go into central London. Where are you based?

Assuming you are far out west, If you live near Hayes why not try http://www.hillingdoncyclecircuit.org.uk/ at Minet Country Park, where Uxbridge Road meets the A312. Alternatively, if you are further out towards Staines then people have used Dorney Lake, but I haven't, so can't comment

Anywhere nearer to London than Staines or Hayes gives you the perfect opportunity to skate in central London. there is a group called the Easy Saturday Skate who meet at Battersea Park who do a few laps on Saturday morning and meet up at a reasonably slow pace. You can find them here: http://www.easysaturdayskate.com/about.html

jeanir
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby jeanir » Mon May 13, 2013 2:38 pm

I skated round Dorney lake once while there at a wedding. Its a great surface and very pleasant skate.

2q2bsk8r
Lurker

Postby 2q2bsk8r » Tue May 14, 2013 11:20 am

Cool, thanks. I am quite close to Staines so will check out dornay lake, but battersea park isn't too far either, so that sounds like fun too. I'll give 'em both a go when I've got my confidence up a bit. Cheers guys

Return to “Welcome”