Barcelona made me do it!

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

kowalski
Wannabe
Wannabe

Barcelona made me do it!

Postby kowalski » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:29 pm

Much love, fellow skaters.

I recently moved to Barcelona to learn a bit of Spanish and ended up taking up urban inline skating. Totally addicted to it now and loving learning new skills everyday. I have a little pain in one ankle, which I understand is pretty common in new skaters.

I bought a pair of Rollerblade Twister 80. They are pretty comfortable except I feel like the blade is set too far to the inside of my foot (both legs).

It feels as if my weight is naturally a little further to the outside of my foot at the heel. This seems to be the cause of a little extra pressure against the balls of my tibias as my ankles lean in slightly to counteract this.

In all my shoes I wear the soles down along a diagonal from the outside of my heel to my big toe. Having read a few posts here, I believe this is referred to as pronation.

I intend to move the heel of the blade out a little to replicate the diagonal line I walk along to see if this has a correcting effect.

I don't want to do anything damaging though (to me or the boots). So ... am I on the right track here? Or are there other things I need to consider first?

Peace,

kowalski

Acidedge
Old school
Old school
Location: Nottingham. That's "north" for you southern chimps.

Re: Barcelona made me do it!

Postby Acidedge » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Hi Kowalski, welcome to SR.com.

If your weight moves towards your outside edges then that's supination. Pronation is where your ankle rolls inwards. Regardless, it's certainly a good idea to adjust your frame so that your skates are comfortable! I can't see how lining up your frame so that it's nice and central under you foot can be a bad thing.
Last edited by Acidedge on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kowalski
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: Barcelona made me do it!

Postby kowalski » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Yes, I am leaning to the outer edge of the skate, which I now know is supination (all this is new to me!).

Thanks for the confirmation, Acidedge. Didn't want to just start messing with my boots not knowing much about anything and still a little precious of them.

Peace,

kowalski

Return to “Welcome”