Greetings from Bucharest

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

5x90inline
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Greetings from Bucharest

Postby 5x90inline » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:41 pm

Hi,
my name is Catalin and I'm from Bucharest, Romania.
Recently ,at the NLS tour (the rollers community from Bucharest, Night of the Living Skaters https://www.facebook.com/groups/perole/?ref=ts ) we were visited by a member of the London rollers community (Steve H ), and so I found out about this forum, about rollers community in London or UK(I am not sure) and about the skaters tour in London.
In December (03-10 ) I have scheduled a visit to London and I wonder (if the weather allows ) if likely to be organized rides on the rollers at the time (to know if I am to take the skaters with me ).
Hopefully I will not be off topic asking if there are chances to find someone willing to make available a couch for a week?

Anyway I'm glad to get into your community and hope to skate on the streets of London or Bucharest with you very soon.
All the best,
Catalin

mit
New school
New school

Re: Greetings from Bucharest

Postby mit » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:13 am

Buna Catalin, ce faci?
There will be skates happening on Friday and Sunday (marshalled) and Wednesday as long as it doesn't rain. It's a shame you're not coming a week later or you could have joined the Santa Skate

5x90inline
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby 5x90inline » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:05 pm

Sounds good, if at least in one of the three days of skating it does not rain, it's perfect!
Is there a Saint Nicholas skate to?

steveh
Power slider
Power slider

Postby steveh » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:26 pm

welcome to the forum, Catalin! It was great to meet you and the other skaters in Bucharest, your Friday Night Skate certainly is one of the best street skates I've been on, the tarmac there is immaculate. Be prepared for some much rougher surfaces when you visit London!

5x90inline
Skate Patrol
Skate Patrol

Postby 5x90inline » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Tx Steve!I intend to enjoy the ride itself and not take into account the tarmac, but thanks for the warning!

Return to “Welcome”