Hello from Austin, Texas

Introduce yourself and ask anything you like about the forum or skating - no question too stupid

Moderator: Traffic warden

crashpants
Gumbie
Gumbie

Hello from Austin, Texas

Postby crashpants » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:01 pm

Hello,

I've been skating the Austin veloway for about 19 months, and I'm about to take on slalom skating. I bought a pair of Seba Trix with different frames thinking I'd swap them out for the different uses, but that became tedious so I just bought some Seba Highs for slalom. I put some 4x100mm speed frames on my Trix for speed/fitness and enjoy the ride a lot. My Highs are 4x80mm so it will take some getting used to not having much back there behind the heel.

HK47
Power slider
Power slider

Re: Hello from Austin, Texas

Postby HK47 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:39 pm

Jeez, they'll let anyone in here!

crashpants
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby crashpants » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:55 pm

I heard that!

HK47
Power slider
Power slider

Postby HK47 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:08 pm

lol ;)

crashpants
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby crashpants » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:55 pm

:lol:

Just got back from my first outing with a set of cones. This is going to be fun!

HK47
Power slider
Power slider

Postby HK47 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:21 pm

Yeah, it's ... challenging. Never realized how sloppy I was 'till I had a bash at slalom! Hoping to get more into it next year :)

Bebai
Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby Bebai » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:31 am

Hey Crashpants...lol,

How the trix working out for you. Ive got a pair of seba highs myself, good choice :). did you get both skates in the same size? I wanna get a pair of trix badly but i wouldnt have the opportunity to try it on first so i tend to ask almost every Trix/ksj owner for opinions abt the skates...lol.

crashpants
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby crashpants » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:53 am

Hi Bebai!

I've had the Trix for several months, and just got the Highs. The Trix are size 43 and ended up feeling too loose for slalom work because my feet can slide a little inside. I have different frames and was going to swap them out on the Trix depending on the type of skating I was doing, but that's tedious. So when I decided to start slalom, I recently bought the Highs in size 42. Right now they are a perfect fit, so I hope they don't stretch too much. According to an email comment by Stacy at SkateCrazy, the Trix may run a little large. HTH

Bebai
Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby Bebai » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:15 pm

Whats the length of your feet?

crashpants
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby crashpants » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:31 pm

My longest foot is 270mm the max recommended for size 42. There is still some wiggle room in front of my toes in the Highs.

crashpants
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby crashpants » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:19 am

BTW, I asked Stacy at SkateCrazy if I could skate the size 42 skates on a hardwood floor (we have a handball court) to make sure the size 42 would work since my foot size is right at the maximum. She agreed to let me ship the boots (only) back to her for a replacement upsize if needed as long as the boots were kept like-new. Don't cut off the tags, and don't scuff them. That way I would have kept the frames and used wheels. As it turns out, I didn't need to do that since the size 42 fit.

Bebai
Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby Bebai » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:59 am

crashpants wrote:My longest foot is 270mm the max recommended for size 42. There is still some wiggle room in front of my toes in the Highs.

Yea my longest feet is 275mm the recommended size is 43 and yes although its accurate, there is still some wiggle in front of my toes as well. I hear that with time as your foot molds into the liners, that gap disappears. Sounds like magic huh? lol. I hope its true. In the meantime i bought a few pairs of Ezee fit ankle booties cos the high gave me blisters on my heel from all the rubbing while skating. I'm thinking the 2mm or 3mm version would help with the wiggle as well.

crashpants
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby crashpants » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:57 am

I don't mind the little bit of room in front of my toes, I meant that as a feature, not a bug. I just had custom molded speed skates done, and they came out too short. I have long toes that when they bend back the knuckles will rise and get rubbed against the roof of the boot. Ouch. They're having to re-make the speed skates with more room in front of my toes.

Bebai
Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby Bebai » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Alright thats kool. I like my skates tight especially for slalom. You actually picked the wrong size for your Trix. With ur foot length, u shoulda stuck to size 42. What made you buy 43?

crashpants
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby crashpants » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:47 am

I don't really remember. I think I tried some shoes in the different sizes and 43 felt right. I don't think Inline Warehouse had the mm charts.

Bebai
Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby Bebai » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:53 am

Ooo ok. Well lucky for u, u still manage to enjoy it somehow :). Thanks for answering my questions.

Return to “Welcome”