Powerslide Vi SUV size chart or help with PS contact info

Tips and advice on both skating gear and technique

Moderator: Traffic warden

ld50
Power slider
Power slider

Powerslide Vi SUV size chart or help with PS contact info

Postby ld50 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:52 am

Hey guys, I'm wondering if any of you may be able help to me to determine or find a size chart for the Powerslide Vi SUV, which is the Vi boot with the SUV frame and tires.

I've literally sent 15-20 emails to shops, who could not help and 3 emails through the Powerslide.de online contact form and one directly to Powerslide@powerslide.de who have not responded! I don't know what gives, I just want to give them my money! I was going to give up, but I really want to do some offroad inline downhill.

Even if one of you may have another way of contacting Powerslide, it would be very useful! Thanks.

kazanaki
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: Powerslide Vi SUV size chart or help with PS contact inf

Postby kazanaki » Sat May 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Have you contacted this shop?

http://www.xskating.com/Nordic-Cross-Sk ... 49_93.html

When the SUV came out I visited the site and they had real-time in-page chat.
I talked for several minutes with one of their employees asking questions of the SUV.
They seemed pretty knowledgable about them.

Now that I have visited again it seems that they have removed the live chat feature, but
an email perhaps would do the trick.

Hope that helps.
Last edited by kazanaki on Sat May 11, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kazanaki
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby kazanaki » Sat May 11, 2013 12:47 pm

Ha!

I got you covered :mrgreen:

I am attaching the sizing chart as offered by the powerslide distributor in Greece.
The first column says "foot length in cm". The other columns are easy to figure out.

Hope that helps even more :)

Suv-sizing-chart-greek.png
SUV-sizing

ld50
Power slider
Power slider

Postby ld50 » Sat May 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Holy shit, kazanaki, you not only responded faster than every shop who's job it is to answer these questions, but you actually have the information that like 25 emails could not get me (including the one to xskating :D).

I'm speechless and don't know how to thank you enough! ({) Many thanks for looking for me!

Time to order these things and do some dangerous high speed offroad inline downhill! My first and last purchase from Powerslide.

kazanaki
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby kazanaki » Sat May 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Glad I helped you. 8)

My other advice would be to buy some replacement wheels/tires along with this skate.
You never know when Poweslide might stop production all together leaving you helpless.

A friend of mine got them and the first problem he had after less than a moth was a flat tire.

Cheers

ld50
Power slider
Power slider

Postby ld50 » Sat May 11, 2013 11:33 pm

Damn, yeah, that's a good idea. Although, do to the sizing issue and being unfamiliar with PS boots, I tried to buy the frames and or tires separately and Powerslide wouldn't let anyone do that... Maybe it'd work if I were buying the complete skates with extra tires...

I wonder if repairs would possible on the wheels...or if re-inflating would be difficult. Do you know how your friend got a flat or what happened to it?

kazanaki
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby kazanaki » Mon May 13, 2013 8:49 am

I don't remember the exact details.

It happened during the Friday Night Skate of Athens (Greece). Because he had the SUV he used to go over water, grass, dirt and generally to places
where only a bicycle would normally go.

Then he ordered a replacement wheel from Powerslide and I think that they sent him two!

In the end however he wasn't happy and he just changed the tire wheels with normal inline wheels using extra spacers for the fitting.

I can ask him for more details if you want.
Or write some questions here and I will forward them to him.

ld50
Power slider
Power slider

Postby ld50 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:49 pm

Damn, that really sucks to hear for him. It's bummer to order skates like that, only to have remove the feature that makes them worth buying. I guess I'd be curious to know his thoughts on the durability of the wheels, the ability to fix them, and what caused his flats, if it's not too much trouble. I think it would be good for others interested in these skates to get some opinions on them, as well.

I'm specially interested because I hope to push the boundaries of what one can do with an off road skate. I can't jump because of my knees, but I'd like to attempt 50/60/70km/h in an off road situation.

On a slight side note, one response I got from Powerslide (on a youtube video, of all places!) was a recommendation to use the size of my regular shoe size to determine my skate boot size. It's unbelievable what poor advice that is. Excluding my speed skates (I have no knowledge of those), whether it's an ice skate or or an inline skate, I've never encountered a boot that is the same size as my shoe size; it's always at least one size down. In some cases it's two sizes down and in some cases, such as Seba Igor, it's actually three sizes down from my shoe size. Being able to get one's foot into a boot doesn't mean that it fits!

I'm surprised at the lack of response from powerslide.de and at the ill-informed responses I've gotten from them elsewhere.

kazanaki
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby kazanaki » Tue May 14, 2013 9:23 am

Ok I will ask him.

He abandoned the tire wheels because he wanted to use them on flat ground (The Friday night skate) and they go very slow without poles. The tire
absorbs some of the push so you are slower than normal inlines.

But in your case (downhill) I think that is the real purpose of these skates.

If you look at the SUV videos from Powerslide 99% of the scenes are downhill off road. He did not use them like this. And he did not want to buy poles.

I will post again when I have his answers.

azumi
New school
New school

Postby azumi » Mon May 20, 2013 4:21 pm

PS should create 90mm tires. The current SUV wheels are waaay to large!

kazanaki
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby kazanaki » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:35 pm

Ok I have asked my friend and got some more details.

The SUV has a design problem where the valves hit against the frame. This problem is also mentioned in this review
http://www.online-skating.com/articles- ... i-suv.html

My friend did not notice this problem, so one wheel "broke" not because of a flat tire but because a valve was destroyed.
He ordered replacement tires from Powerslide.

The main use for this skate was to use it on rain and dirt, but this time in Greece it is summer so he replaced the tires with normal wheels.
When September comes he will probably put the tires back on.

He mentioned that they are very slow (some of the push power is lost on the tires) and also that they do not roll on grass well (even though they should)

ld50
Power slider
Power slider

Postby ld50 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:29 am

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for abandoning this thread. Yes, he is 100% correct. They don't roll well on flats of any kind and they don't roll well on grass, even on a slight decline, which was pretty surprising to me. These skates are best used for downhill on hard packed gravel or dirt - for speed- with some fine light gravel on top for sliding to a stop.

As for the tires valves, you must tie wrap/zap strap/cable tie them to the wheel hub just below the valve cover. Works like a charm.

azumi
New school
New school

Postby azumi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:41 pm

Those tires are way too huge! Bring them down to 90mm and we can start considering.

ld50
Power slider
Power slider

Postby ld50 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:30 pm

Thesea are meant for offroad terrain. Try rolling over rocks, roots, gravel and dirt on uneven ground with 90mm wheels. These pneumatic wheels barely roll as it is.

Return to “Technique, Tips and Equipment”