Plz help with buying skates!

Tips and advice on both skating gear and technique

Moderator: Traffic warden

Denada
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: Plz help with buying skates!

Postby Denada » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Thx shaw, ifi do get to try them out, how do I know what size is perfect for me? As in how should they feel? We talking igor here :D

azumi
New school
New school

Postby azumi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:06 pm

Instruction on how to measure feet,

http://bont.com/inline/items/support/si ... ation.html

take a sheet of paper. Step on it with a naked foot. Make sure you have cut your toenails. Use a ruler or triangle and put it perpendicular in front of your big toe. Take a pen and make a T-mark. The same you do with the heel. After that measure the two T-marks. Since feet do vary in size you have to measure both your feet.

Once you know your proper size get the skates accordingly to their Mondopoint (size in MM). At the beginning skates should feel way too small. Because after some time the padding will adapt to your feet. So don't get too large skates. Most people get too large skates, and after 1-2 months they regret their purchase 'cause they are swimming in the boots, having no control whatsoever.

Domsablos
Beach bum
Beach bum

Postby Domsablos » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:50 pm

Also if you feel super anally retentive you can scan your foot with a flatbed scanner if you have an old one lying around. pro tip, don't then post said pic on the internet, because it's a bit weird having it still there years later.

http://skatelogforum.com/forums/showpos ... ostcount=8

Denada
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Denada » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:14 am

Hahaha, say if my feet measures to be 1-5mm larger than size x... Will size x still be ok? I.e the break in will do or what would be a good gap... Cos the more I think the more likelyim gonna end up having to buy the online and not get the chance to ry a pair out.. I know it sounds like a huge risk but... Skates are better than no skates.. Especially if they are seba skates :D

azumi
New school
New school

Postby azumi » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:46 pm

For instance, my feet are 265mm with socks without socks ~263mm. I roll Seba FR size 40 which has an insole length of 260mm. If you remove the insole you gain another +2mm. So in the beginning when they feel too tight remove the insoles. But first of all, you need to measure both your feet properly.

Denada
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Denada » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:56 pm

azumi wrote:For instance, my feet are 265mm with socks without socks ~263mm. I roll Seba FR size 40 which has an insole length of 260mm. If you remove the insole you gain another +2mm. So in the beginning when they feel too tight remove the insoles. But first of all, you need to measure both your feet properly.

Best advice man, turns out my right foot is bigger than my left which is odd, but it's definitely 24.00cm so I should look at a pair with insoles around 23.5-23.7?

Ummm :?

Oh yeah does that also mean ur fr broke in roughly .5cm from new -> comfy perfect?

azumi
New school
New school

Postby azumi » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:23 pm

With 24 cm you have two options, either iGor in size:
37 = 236mm
or 38 = 244mm

Your call.

At the beginning they felt too tight.. but after a few sessions they started to fit more and more properly. Now they fit perfectly. :) I really don't know how much they stretched but they certainly did. Keep in mind the heel area is arched.

Denada
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Denada » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Yeah, I think I'll risk a 37, I'll just pray the liner will stretch 4mmif not I'll remove the insoles like you said, main reason here is cos my left feet is .5cm smalle than my right, so if I go 38 my left is gonna be loose, thanks for your help man, now is just waiting till the 11th, and if they don't come out by the 15th I'll try place an order for the 2012 model 37 hehe, hopefully the 2013 model size didn't change. Thanks!

Gonna do some fishing this week hehehehe

Reason why I can't wait is cos I wanna skate them about here I hk, they've got totally awesome bike tracks all around the islands... Like EVERY inch, it's be so nice.... (y)

azumi
New school
New school

Postby azumi » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:10 pm

Denada
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby Denada » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:59 am

They only have 2010 model and it's out of stock, provs won't stock till 2013 model is out earliest.... Which is fine then I can buy from them instead and get to try them out :D drooool

vivian33
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby vivian33 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:47 am

Denada wrote:http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=16821123256

This is perfect its in sz and the price is a bargain, but have no idea how to buy....or is it courier only :(

Hi, Denada,
you can try this link as follow:
http://www.shopitchina.com/index.php/ta ... 6821123256
to directly shop it in your cart and paid in english.

Return to “Technique, Tips and Equipment”