General chat from around the world

Moderator: Traffic warden

krantz
Gumbie
Gumbie

Nomadeshop

Postby krantz » Mon May 20, 2013 9:31 am

So, what's up with those guys?

I placed an order for skates on Friday evening (drunk as hell - genuinely can't remember doing it, but my girlfriend can haha), received no shipping confirmation at all. I kinda regret buying them drunk so I tried to get a refund on Saturday and Sunday. No answer on the phone even though they were open according to Paris local time, no response via e-mail and no communication whatsoever. I paid via Paypal, so I requested a refund there just in case I will later need proof.

At this point I don't care if they ignore the refund and send the skates, I just want to know what's up. I even paid for UPS express so if they ignore my order for a week then that was a waste of money too.

Does anybody have any sage advice in this admittedly self inflicted state of affairs? Goddamnit, never order skates blind drunk. Screw you Johnnie Walker!!!

kazanaki
Wannabe
Wannabe

Re: Nomadeshop

Postby kazanaki » Mon May 20, 2013 11:45 am

Judging by my visit there last year, nomade shop is overwhelmed by customers of the brick and mortar shop.

I think that online sales are a secondary objective for them.

Just give it some time. If you search the forum you will find other posts mentioning their very slow reaction when it comes to online communication.
Last edited by kazanaki on Mon May 20, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

kazanaki
Wannabe
Wannabe

Postby kazanaki » Mon May 20, 2013 11:46 am

Found it

Nomadeshop.com - sup with them?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38028

krantz
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby krantz » Mon May 20, 2013 11:58 am

Well, it's good that I can claim my refund with Paypal. Thanks for finding that post.

As it happens I have already initiated this through Paypal and will be able to escalate it to a claim from 24/05/2013 if they do not respond to my calls and e-mails.

It's a shame really - this could all be ironed out with a simple phone-call or e-mail but I've heard nothing. If their service was on top of its game I may have been persuaded to keep them. Ah well, if they stay in silence I will claim through Paypal and send one last e-mail telling them that sending the skates would be pointless.

I will keep you all posted on whether they actually send me any kind of record of shipping / refund / refusal of refund / anything under the sun!

P.S

I feel like a giant tool.

Xia
New school
New school

Postby Xia » Mon May 20, 2013 3:25 pm

It is a bank holiday in France so little chance of someone answering you today, as for Sunday.... in France... lol
And I suspect that on Saturday they would be using all of their staff to service the physical shop.

Still I hope you will get something soonish :)

krantz
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby krantz » Tue May 21, 2013 1:51 pm

Does anybody here speak French?

krantz
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby krantz » Tue May 21, 2013 2:54 pm

They just replied....to an e-mail I sent a good long while ago asking about the skates, way before I bought them.

...this could be a long wait!

krantz
Gumbie
Gumbie

Postby krantz » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:38 am

Finally got a refund. They were nice enough guys if very much too relaxed about messing up my order. Not as bad communication as I was dreading after reading some other posts but they could have sent me the correct skates at least, I might have kept them. All in all I am happy with my Salomon FSK's, hah.

Return to “General skating”