Forum control panel on a Mac

Didn't get your confirmation email? Let us know here

Moderator: Traffic warden

EnfantTerrible
New school
New school

Forum control panel on a Mac

Postby EnfantTerrible » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:19 pm

On my mac with the latest versions of Chrome and Safari, the forum's control panel page does not display properly--the tabs and many fields are cut off because the browser renders the elements too short. It worked fine in Firefox until I upgraded to 4.0 and now it does the same.
Screen shot 2011-04-10 at 18.11.07.png

ziggy
Admin
Admin

Re: Forum control panel on a Mac

Postby ziggy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:11 pm

Yeah, we know. It's this crap theme. We're shifting the forum next weekend so you will hopefully find some new and improved themes in there that don't do this.

Steve
Admin
Admin

Postby Steve » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:18 am

What he said. Chrome is generally a better browser, but it's necessary to switch back to Firefox in order for the control panel on here to work correctly.

Steve
Admin
Admin

Postby Steve » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:22 am

Maybe when we move to the new server we could take a vote on what themes to install and what we should use as the default. There are quite a few here if anyone is interested.

steph
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby steph » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:43 pm

Steve wrote:Maybe when we move to the new server we could take a vote on what themes to install and what we should use as the default. There are quite a few here if anyone is interested.
Is there any easy way to see who is using what theme from a query on the dattybase? just curious (I'm on the old one personally as everything else just looks wrong)

Steve
Admin
Admin

Postby Steve » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:03 pm

steph wrote:Is there any easy way to see who is using what theme from a query on the dattybase? just curious (I'm on the old one personally as everything else just looks wrong)

Yes, but it doesn't give that much insight. I'm guessing that most people on prosilver are inactive and so they just show up as using the default.

prosilver = 3193
subsilver2 = 25
fisubsilver2 = 0
fisubice2 = 75

I think we'd get a better indication from a poll.

lurch
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby lurch » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:05 pm

I'm on "fisubice2" which I think is what you mean Steph. IIRC this is also the only one that displays properly on small devices like my phone. The others come out all misaligned.

gummidge
Traffic Warden
Traffic Warden

Postby gummidge » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:16 am

Steve wrote:
steph wrote:Is there any easy way to see who is using what theme from a query on the dattybase? just curious (I'm on the old one personally as everything else just looks wrong)

Yes, but it doesn't give that much insight. I'm guessing that most people on prosilver are inactive and so they just show up as using the default.

prosilver = 3193
subsilver2 = 25
fisubsilver2 = 0
fisubice2 = 75

I think we'd get a better indication from a poll.

Or a better query so you're only counting active users, or even weighting the count per theme on each users activity.

Return to “Problem reporting”